nalanda institute presents
Join us for our tenth annual benefit, as we welcome distinguished guest, Dr. Emma Seppälä, whose pioneering work advancing the science of compassion holds the key to our future—of thriving together sustainably in an age of ever-increasing interdependence. Come honor Dr. Seppälä’s example and our new graduates, celebrate our groundbreaking first decade, and help us make waves of inclusive compassion, with an evening of scientific discovery, festive dining, and inspiring music—as we tap into nature’s strong force of caring connectivity!
Compassion Science: Healing Our Interconnected World
Wednesday, June 12th, 2019
New York Academy of Medicine
1216 Fifth Avenue, at 103rd Street
OUR GUEST OF HONOR
Emma Seppälä, PhD
Science Director, The Center for Compassion and Altruism Research, Stanford University
Co-Director, The Center for Emotional Intelligence Well-Being Project,
and Faculty Director, The Women’s Leadership Program, Yale University
Author, The Happiness Track: How to Apply the Science of Happiness to Accelerate Your Success
More about Dr. Seppälä: emmaseppala.com
Director of Programming, Nalanda Institute
Joe Loizzo, MD, PhD
Founder and Director, Nalanda Institute
Dr. Emma Seppälä
Nalanda Institute Graduates
“Compassion Science: Healing Our Interconnected World”
Dr. Emma Seppälä
MUSIC AND DINNER
Sumptuous Indian dinner followed by
Bliss-stirring bansuri flute and hammered dulcimer music
by Sundar Das and Bill Ruyle
Benefit ticket: $250
Student ticket: $125
A Benefactor receives 4 benefit tickets and a copy of Dr. Seppälä’s The Happiness Track.
A Sponsor receives a benefit table for 8, two copies of Dr. Seppälä’s The Happiness Track, and access to the video of Dr. Loizzo’s webinar, “Beyond Narcissism: Become the Change We Need Today.”
A Co-Chair receives a benefit table for 10, four copies of Dr. Seppälä’s The Happiness Track, access to the online version of Dr. Loizzo’s six session Sustainable Happiness Course, Stop Surviving, Start Thriving.
HERO/HEROINE: $10,000 and above
A Hero/Heroine receives a benefit table for 10, five copies of Dr. Seppälä’s The Happiness Track, access to the online version of Dr. Loizzo’s six-session Sustainable Happiness Course, Stop Surviving, Start Thriving, and a four-course Sicilian feast for six, home-cooked by Joe and Geri Loizzo.
Register and pay online via Eventbrite, our secure ticketing service
Or register and pay by check
You can make a check payable to ‘Nalanda Institute’ and mail to Nalanda Institute, 300 Central Park West, Suite 1D, NY, NY 10024. Please include your email and guest list.
Or donate today and double your impact
If you can’t make it to our celebration on June 12th, but would like to support Nalanda Institute’s programs and sustained growth, please consider making a donation! We are gratefully accepting donations here. Your gift will be matched by our $50,000 matching grant from our board. Thank you!
Donations may be made online by clicking here or by check. Thank you!
For additional information, email us at email@example.com
Your generosity brings…
- A step towards realizing our new Strategic Development Plan, including Nalanda Institute Fellowship and Membership Programs to support the continuing education and career development of our graduates, a Nalanda Institute Center Space for our programs, interns, fellows, and our whole community, and a new Director of Operations to help the Institute reach its full potential as a global leader in the education and training of contemplative professionals by 2025.
- Our Compassion-Based Resilience Training (CBRT), the most cost-effective way to teach lay and professional groups the science and practice of compassion, offered to cancer survivors at Weill Cornell Medicine, staff at the United Nations, New York Hospital and the New York Public Library, as well as our new CBRT Teacher Training launched this May with X-Hale, our Toronto partner.
- The Radical Compassion Project at Nalanda Institute, an initiative to help create inclusive community that addresses racial, gender, and all other forms of systemic bias and oppression through learning together individually, in community, and institutionally.
- Our international Contemplative Psychotherapy Program, the only one of its kind to devote a full year to training caregivers in compassion science and practice, offered in NYC, San Francisco, Toronto, and Zaragoza, Spain.
- Ongoing in person and online offering of the Nalanda Institute Sustainable Happiness Program, our four-year “college for happiness,” featuring three full years of compassion training, co-sponsored by Tibet House US.
- Meditation Teacher Training (MTT), in partnership with The Path, including an entire MTT in Compassion, offers intensive training to yoga teachers and meditation instructors.
- A groundbreaking Boundless Leadership Program, the only mindful business program that goes beyond mindfulness to train leaders in authentic compassion and embodied altruism, available online starting October to empower a growing community of forward-thinking executives, coaches, and entrepreneurs.
- The groundbreaking Yoga, Mind & Spirit Training to continue its fourth iteration in the coming year.
- Scholarships for those in need to attend any and all Nalanda Institute programs.
Of course, developing and sustaining these offerings requires your generosity and active participation. None of this is possible without you! We look forward to seeing you at what is sure to be a magical evening. If you can’t join us, please feel free to make a donation so you can join us in spirit.