nalanda institute presents
Join us as we welcome our distinguished guest, Dr. Stephen Porges, whose pioneering study of the autonomic nervous system has forever changed our understanding of the nature of love, compassion, yoga and contemplative states. Help us to honor Dr. Porges’ revolutionary contribution, our graduates and our community, with an evening of scientific discovery, festive dining, and inspiring music—as we tap into Love’s healing network of interconnectivity!
Love’s Brain: The Science of Human Connection
Friday, June 8th, 2018
New York Academy of Medicine
1216 Fifth Avenue, at 103rd Street
OUR GUEST OF HONOR
Stephen W. Porges, PhD
Distinguished University Scientist, Kinsey Institute, Indiana University
Professor of Psychiatry, University of North Carolina,
Author, The Polyvagal Theory, The Pocket Guide to Polyvagal Theory
and Clinical Applications of the Polyvagal Theory
More about Dr. Porges: stephenporges.com
Director of Programming, Nalanda Institute
Joe Loizzo, MD, PhD
Founder and Director, Nalanda Institute
Sustainable Happiness Program Graduate and Board Member, Nalanda Institute
Dr. Stephen Porges
Nalanda Institute Graduates
“Polyvagal Theory and the Science of Human Connection”
Dr. Stephen Porges
MUSIC AND DINNER
Bliss-stirring bansuri flute music by Sundar Das
Sumptuous Indian dinner to follow
Benefit ticket: $250
Student ticket: $125
A Benefactor receives 4 benefit tickets and 4 pre-benefit tea passes with Dr. Porges
A Sponsor receives a benefit table for 8, 8 pre-benefit tea passes with Dr. Porges, and access to Dr. Loizzo’s four-week online conference, “The Next Wave: The Art and Science of Contemplative Healing,” co-hosted with Embodied Philosophy.
A Co-Chair receives a benefit table for 10, 10 pre-benefit tea passes with Dr. Porges, and access to the video of all six sessions of our Yoga, Mind & Spirit Lecture Series.
HERO/HEROINE: $10,000 and above
A Hero/Heroine receives a benefit table for 10, 10 pre-benefit tea passes with Dr. Porges, access to Sustainable Happiness Course video of all six sessions of Dr. Neale’s Buddhist Psychology Course or Dr. Loizzo’s Role-Modeling Imagery Course, and a four-course Sicilian feast for six, home-cooked by Joe and Geri Loizzo.
Register and pay online via Eventbrite, our secure ticketing service
Or register and pay by check
You can make a check payable to ‘Nalanda Institute’ and mail to Nalanda Institute, 300 Central Park West, Suite 1D, NY, NY 10024. Please include your email and guest list.
If you can’t attend but would like to help, Nalanda Institute is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit educational foundation. All donations to the Institute or any of its programs are fully tax deductible.
Donations may be made online by clicking here or by check. Thank you!
For additional information, email us at email@example.com
Your generosity brings…
- A thriving Contemplative Psychotherapy Program in NYC, San Francisco, Toronto, Barcelona, and Mexico.
- Ongoing teaching and online delivery of the Nalanda Institute Sustainable Happiness Program, our four-year “college for happiness,” co-sponsored by our friends at Tibet House US.
- The Radical Compassion Project at Nalanda Institute, an initiative to help create inclusive community that addresses racial, gender, and all other oppression through learning and growing together individually, in community, and institutionally.
- Our Compassion-Based Resilience Training, an evidence-based self-healing program, serving cancer survivors at Weill Cornell Medical College and the general public at Tibet House US and the New Canaan YMCA.
- A growing Mindful Families and Schools Program with partners at The Rebecca School, and workshops for NYC children and their families.
- Meditation Teacher Training, in partnership with The Path and Pure Yoga, offering intensive training to yoga teachers and meditation instructors.
- A groundbreaking Mindful Business and Leadership Program currently serving a growing community of forward-thinking NYC executives and entrepreneurs.
- The completion of a new Distance Learning Platform to bring the full range of online Nalanda Institute courses, programs, and archived resources to a global audience.
- The groundbreaking Yoga, Mind & Spirit Training to continue its third iteration in the coming year.
- Scholarships for those in need to attend any and all Nalanda Institute programs.
Of course, developing and sustaining these offerings requires your generosity and active participation. None of this is possible without you! We look forward to seeing you at what is sure to be a magical evening. If you can’t join us, please feel free to make a donation so you can join us in spirit.