Learn the science, practice and skills to bring Compassion-Based Resilience Training to your community, workplace or professional practice.
Much more than meditation teacher training, this comprehensive 5- to 8-month cross-training in stress reduction, resilience and self-healing gives participants the knowledge, experience and confidence to teach mindfulness meditation, compassion meditation, and embodied practices along with clear instruction in the science of well-being through the delivery of Compassion-Based Resilience Training (CBRT).
- Gain a deeper understanding of the science behind why the practices of mindfulness, compassion and embodiment work
- Build your teaching confidence through peer-to-peer teach backs as well as supervised group instruction
- Deepen your own contemplative practice
- Make a difference by enlivening your community, workplace or professional practice with more compassion, resilience and wellbeing
- Join a community of supportive like-minded professionals
Who Is This Program For?
Past students have included social workers, psychologists, nurses, mental health counselors, physicians, palliative care workers, art therapists, educators, school counselors and administrators, executive coaches, organizational consultants, human resource professionals, faith-based counselors and ministers, community workers and lay caregivers.
What People Are Saying
“…an extremely well conceptualized, designed and executed program (both levels). I found particularly noteworthy how much I could personally gain ( knowledge/ experience) by teaching a group myself; I expected it but not to the extent it happened. All in all a truly profound experience on many levels.”
“The CBRT Teacher Training was a journey into both my development as a teacher and into my own personal growth. I felt very supported by the teachers and the practical aspect helped me gain confidence in my own teaching as well as the opportunity to learn with and from my peers. It has been life changing and I am now teaching the CBRT internationally.”
“The CBRT teacher training program provided me with the skills, structure and confidence to begin teaching meditation. After many years as a practitioner I’m now able to teach different types of meditation and breathwork and explain the benefits to students at many experience levels. I will be sharing the material from this course for years to come. ”
Program Description / Curriculum
The program is divided into two levels:
- 5 months
- A deep dive into CBRT’s eight modules
- Weekly live online 90-minute meetings that include: lecture, group discussion, breakout groups and practice sessions with peers
- Student portal with 24 pre-recorded class summary videos, 16 recorded guided meditations, a student manual and supplementary scientific and scholarly readings
- Weekly self-study: daily meditation practices and assigned readings
- Requirements for the training include a daily meditation practice for at least two years and some familiarity with the positive health benefits of contemplative living
- 3 months
- Level 1 graduates receive guidance and support setting up and leading their own CBRT group
- Students receive 3 group supervisions and 1 one-on-one supervision with core CBRT faculty
- Students are required to write a short reflection paper describing their experience of running their group
- Graduates of Level 2 are certified as CBRT Teachers and become part of the Certified CBRT Teacher Network
To be certified as a CBRT Teacher, students need to complete both Level 1 and Level 2.
Certified CBRT Teacher Network
Graduates of Level 2 are automatically enrolled in the Certified CBRT Teacher Network for 1 year after graduation* which includes:
- A yearly online retreat with core faculty open to all graduates
- A dedicated website with all the tools needed to teach your own CBRT class: a student manual, 24 pre-recorded class videos, 16 guided meditations, and a collection of research articles
- Marketing material templates to promote your classes
- Teacher photo and bio listed on the Nalanda Institute website
- Monthly video conference with other certified teachers
- Opportunities to teach CBRT through Nalanda Institute
- Access to CBRT core faculty for ongoing support
*After one year students are asked to pay a $100 admin fee to keep their community membership active.
Course Format and Requirements
Students meet weekly for 1.5-hour live online meetings. Outside of class students are expected to meditate daily for 10 to 15 minutes and complete 30-minutes to an hour per week of assigned reading and/or watching video instruction. Readings, videos and guided meditations are all available via the student website which is available for one year after the end of the class.
This program is offered once a year starting in May/June. Learn more and register
Nalanda Institute Director: Joe Loizzo, MD, PhD; CBRT Director: Fiona Brandon, MFT; CBRT Lead Facilitator: Moustafa Abdelrahman, MBA
Please contact Fiona Brandon at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.