Training for well-being, engagement, and purpose: learning to live mindfully and compassionately, with resilience, perspective and energy.
This is a complete, evidence-based training method of building resilience and well-being of mind, heart, and body using mindfulness and compassion practice as well as healing imagery and breath-work.
The curriculum integrates timeless contemplative skills from India and Tibet with contemporary breakthroughs in neuroscience, positive psychology, and integrative medicine.Continue Reading Overview
Research studies conducted at the University Hospitals of Columbia and Cornell with women recovering from breast cancer treatment found that the Nalanda Institute Compassion-Based Resilience Training improves quality of life, reduces biomarkers of stress, lowers social emotional and cultural role stress, enhances overall functioning, and markedly decreases post-traumatic symptoms including intrusive thinking and traumatic avoidance.
Who is this training for?
This training is for anyone wishing a comprehensive training method for building resilience, including living mindfully and compassionately; cultivating well-being; and transforming stress while helping others.
The Nalanda Institute also periodically offers a year-long certification program that prepares lay and professional participants to teach this training.
This training consists of eight weekly modules that introduce and teach mindfulness, insight, compassion, imagery, and breath-energy work:
Week 1: Embracing Suffering with Body Mindfulness
Week 2: Stopping Reactive Habits with Mindful Sensitivity
Week 3: Breaking Free of Confusion with Open Awareness
Week 4: Mindful Insight: The Lifelong Path of Self-Healing
Week 5: Reparenting the Childhood Self with Self-Compassion
Week 6: Cultivating Love and Care: Reaping the Harvest of Well-Being
Week 7: Heroic Imagery and Expression: Modeling a Larger Self and Life
Week 8: Breath-Body Flow: Inspiring a More Positive Life
We also offer a year-long program for those who want to teach the training in clinical, business, educational, or community settings. The program includes an initial and final retreat, along with monthly interactive zoom supervisions with Dr. Joe Loizzo. Participants are encouraged to practice teaching peers as well as others in their community and/or professional life or community. Graduates earn a certificate of completion from Nalanda Institute. Requirements for the training include a daily meditation practice for at least two years and some familiarity with the positive health benefits of contemplative living.
The 8-week training, as well as the year-long teacher’s program, are offered periodically. If you’re interested in upcoming trainings or teacher’s programs, please contact Dr. Joe Loizzo, email@example.com
Director: Joe Loizzo, MD, PhD
Core Faculty: Joe Loizzo, MD, PhD and Emily J. Wolf, PhD
For further information, download our CBRT brochure.
What they are saying
Read what our workshop participants have said about the program:
- “I loved the feeling I had during and after each meditation session. I also felt a great sense of community with the other [participants] present.”
- “It gave me even more than I hoped for. I took the training because of my fears, but it also helped me relate to my husband. It helped give me a purpose. I feel so grateful.”
- “I feel much happier and able to cope with life’s changes. I feel so grateful to have been able to participate in the [training] and learn from Dr. Loizzo.”
- ”I have a new outlook now with the meditation. It made me a new person in dealing with my cancer. It helped me to slow and get off the spinning wheel.”
- “In combination with learning about the science of meditation, I learned to meditate in a way that alleviates anxiety…The benefits are great—beyond estimation.”
- “It has made a subtle but huge difference in almost every area of my life and has given me hope which I never expected to have that I can change, and handle challenges in a way that satisfies me more.”
- “Although I have done some form of mindfulness practice for years, the study jump-started me into beginning a more serious meditation practice.”
Application information / Contact
For additional information on both the 8-week program or the teacher training, please contact Dr. Joe Loizzo, firstname.lastname@example.org